Currently I am nearing the end of my post graduate studies; a Professional Masters in Games Development at the University of Abertay Dundee .

In 2011 I graduated from BA (Hons) Computer Arts also here at Abertay where I have undertaken some great opportunities working as part of a design team on projects with major organisations such as the BBC, NCR and Tern TV.

I am most interested in Character Animation including the technical side- learning to model, rig and skin efficiently. I also enjoy drawing and working with Photoshop, Illustrator and AfterEffects.

This site displays some examples of my work so far, please feel free to get in touch if you have any queries or advice.

Thanks

Marnie :]

'Alone'- Movie Title Sequence

his is my piece for the Time Based Narrative Module. We were to create a title sequence for an imaginary movie of our choice.

Alone is a thriller about a young man who wakes up in daze finding himself in a strange shack in the middle of a forest with no recollection of how he came to be there and no knowledge as to where he is. The forest is very scenic, breathtakingly beautiful; however there is a strange off-putting feeling in the air, like the calm before the storm. The character feels he could be stuck in a trippy dream world.

My aim was to get across the mood and setting of the movie without use of characters or dialogue and in a simplistic style.

I am a great fan of movies and one of my pet hates is when you see all you need to at the beginning or in the adverts. I feel there is much more satisfaction in the unknown. I wanted to give the audience a sense of mystery, keep them on the edge of their seats throughout the movie. There is nothing worse than a predictable story; twists in the story and getting to know the character, to figure things out about them rather than being point blankly obvious makes a much better piece.

I concentrated on timing in my sequence working hard to get my visual work to coincide exactly with changes and certain sounds in the soundtrack to achieve the effect I wanted. I restricted myself to only using photos I have taken and the sound track was created by Tom Demajo =]

***The Audio Track is not in time so i am going to sort this out and reload it ASAP ***

No comments:

Post a Comment